Saturday, March 22, 2008

Recurring zombie dream #98

I've been having recurring dreams about zombies and an invastion by zombies for years now. They're not nightmares as I never feel scared when I wake up or during the course of the dream. Usually I am separated from my immediate family and my purpose in the dream is to get to them. A few have had the same location of a highrise appartment complex. I watch the zombie carnage from the safety of 20 floors up. But my zombie dream last night was different.

I wasn't separated from my family and I was in the same house as I live actually in. There wasn't an overall sense of full blown zombie chaos and hysteria. In fact, as I was explaining my dream to Ian it was more of a Ghost Hunters meets Shaun of the Dead meets CSI. Oh and Seth Rogan was Ian's brother.

My family and I, along with a small group of zombie guerilla fighters, would listen to news reports and watch media feeds for any weird reoprts of multiple deaths that couldn't be readily explained. You know as I type this I think there may have also been elements of the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well. The dialogue in my dream was quick and witty, loaded with sarcasm and hoakiness.

But back to the dream.

Seattle in my dream was different, but not my house or the street I live on. My dram Seattle had the bay extending all the way through the city to Lake Washington, and so larger ships would sail right through the city to the dock in Lake Washington. Very weird when I visual the mapping.

And there wasn't hordes of zombies. The government though aware of zombies and quick to clean a scene, would always forget one zombie or possible zombie virus laced fluid residue. In my dream, we investigated a house that the news reported 4 deaths at. There was no reason given to why 4 people were dead and so this triggered our sensors. When we entered the burned out home (once the government dispatched the zombies they would burn the stucture) we see charred remains of family photos still on the walls and recognize the family to be Asian. This cultural revelation traiggers a flashback scene in my dream where the origin of how a zombie came to be in the house began. The youngest daughter worked at a brothel/burlesque where she was exposed to the virus that would ultimately turn her into a zombie and attack her family.

When the dream comes back to the current moment of being in the burned out house, the zombified grandma comes out the dark and advances on me. Without pause or fright, I pull my shotgun only to land the shot in her shoulder, knocking her down. She gets up pretty fast and my shotgun jams. I can't get the next shot to go off, but I'm not bothered or worried. I'm not alone. I have a group of people with me and it's one grandma zombie. Ian's arm comes over my shoulder and he shoots her forehead off.

My dream tells me that no matter the conflict or trouble, I'm secure that I have a team working with me and that I don't have to face anything alone. It also tells me I trust and believe in my relationship with Ian more now then ever before. It also tells me that Seth Rogan being Ian's brother wouldn't be a bad thing. He got along with the child really well.

No comments: