Saturday, May 03, 2008

"I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name."

The age of technology has brought about an even smaller world then the one I went to high school in. And speaking of high school, the individuals who have "found" me, though I don't recall being lost, are good people and have good things to say about me, which of course is not hard to do.

It is hard for me hear nice things about myself. It has always been hard for me to hear nice things about myself. But I promise to stop that stupid behavior and embrace the yummy things people say about me. Take my afternoon for example. I went to my friend's dress shop in downtown Seattle to get fitted for a dress to wear when I wed Ian. I tried on several dresses, even some fancy white wedding ones that were pretty but looked very odd on me. I do insist, for the record, that the young lady who looked 16 looked for more off then me trying on wedding dresses. Live at 5! FLDS in Seattle shopping!

Jen, the dress shop owner and friend o' mine, was very helpful. I told her specifically the style I was hoping and looking for (August wedding gonna need a nice summer-type dress to the knees). We walked around the shop while she pulled dresses from racks and hooks. How many? 8? 10? Sheesh, I dunno, but in the end what came about was a mish-mash of a couple styles. Gotta work on my arm curls and back lifts so for my fitting in July I'll look smoking hot! Well, hot enough to pull it off. It's really all I'm asking for.

Now the hard part. I need a strapless bra.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Jaz - if you ever need or want someone to come with for fun and keep things laughing and perhaps it all in perspective - I am here! And let me tell you, strapless bras - well...let's hope they can sew you something inside so you don't have to deal with the BS of those brutal contraptions!
CC

Unknown said...

Thanks! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Wound up with a binding contraption instead of a ahrness thingee-my-bob.